So last night, before I went to bed, I realized that I forgot to add a component to the installation so it'll work with my HDTV. So when I got home from work this evening, after tending to my kiddos, I was able to add the component on to the installation. Hooked it all up again...didn't work. Same stuff.
I posted at neo-geo.com about my situation, and it seems that Sifu Xian Xi mentioned that I needed to tap the RGB and Sync signals from different spots on the board. Seems like the Sync signal was the culprit, as I couldn't go straight off the JAMMA edge for the signal. I had to get the signal from another point off of a resistor, which basically gave the Sync signal some resistance.
...pay no attention to Cookie Monster. He's excited that it works, too.
After fixing that up, I finally got an image!...through composite. Meh, it works. Component doesn't work for me, and after a conversation with Jeff Kurtz, it seems it may just be my HDTV. I may play around with the values on the capacitor later, but for now, I'm happy it worked.
I did get greeted by the "Cross Hatch Test Screen of Death", which generally means that there's either bad connections with the game and/or the board, or there's a bad trace on the board itself. Turns out that if I tilted the board just right, I'd get the UniBIOS screen, then the familiar Neo Geo boot screen.
....F**K YEAH!
So, component wise, it works. It's fully functional. All I need to do is finish it up aesthetically, potentially hiding the exposed board and whatnot.
As it stands, though. It's done and working.
No comments:
Post a Comment