Saturday, January 28, 2012

Now for the case....

I'm thinking that I'm gonna make a functional enclosure for my CMVS. I'm set on using wood since it's easily accessible for me and it could be potentially cheaper in the long run. It'll even look cool if I stain it right. I was thinking plastic (like plexiglass), but I'm afraid of cracking it while I'm screwing something in. I'd do metal, but I don't think I have any of the proper tools to form one....wood it might be.

In any other case (LOL, pun!), since the cartridge connector board separates from the main board by several connectors, I may just solder a total of 192 (!) wires to relocate the cartridge board. Yikes!...well, I guess it doesn't matter, considered how many wires I've already soldered altogether. Since there's two 96 pin connectors, I may just do one side on one day and the other on a later day. I still want to avoid all that, but that'll be the cheapest solution.

There is a 48 pin connector that's in the middle of both boards, but for the life of me, I think neither connector is connected to anything. I'm trying to confirm with Neo-Geo.com's forums about this, and it seems that it's only for stabilization of the cartridge board when it's on the main board.

No comments:

Post a Comment