Honestly, I'm not sure what's going on here. I'm not sure why the original AV video RCA doesn't work with the Lava RGB installed. I looked over the installation instructions from the maker themselves. It looks like another composite video connection needed to be added to the original Power/RF/AV module.
...well, then...
Per the install instructions, I wired up another wire to this pin on the Power/RF/AV thingy. I ran the wire through the heat shrink tubing that I had the +5V and audio wires bundled in.
I didn't want to remove the NES mainboard just to remove the Multi-out connector, so I removed the screws on that side of the board to be able to lift the NES mainboard just enough to move the wires coming from the Lava RGB from under the board. That gave me just enough room to remove the Multi-out board to solder the "new" video signal wire to the composite video pad on the Mutli-out board.
No pics, but I did a quick test on the new connection and it worked just fine. Again, I don't think it makes sense, but whatever. It's fine. I was ready to install RCA's and an S-Video connector to bypass the original AV connectors, but now that it works...I don't know. Maybe?


No comments:
Post a Comment