The look-back of my blog also brought out the first 3d print that I had commissioned a while ago.
I had this printed a while back to fix my Virtual Boy. The original clip for the stand has the tendency of breaking. Someone in a Virtual Boy forum designed a clip that can be 3d printed. This print uses ABS plastic and a bigger nozzle. It came out pretty good for older 3d printing machines. But I wanted to see how good my printer makes it using PLA Plus.
Mind the filament. I use this filament for prototyping and for toys for my wife to sell at bazaars. With supports and a smaller diameter nozzle, I got this. I put a 25% infill and a .2mm print height, the part came out a little cleaner. I used a different orientation than the guy did with the original print. How strong this print is? I'm not sure. I'll have to dig out my Virtual Boy and install it.
It's kinda cool to see how much 3d printing tech has come. I'm pretty sure the slicer used for the first print needed a bit of gcode knowledge to get to print. With programs like Simplify 3D and Prusa Slicer, it made it much simpler to get a nice print like the one I did. I'll have to remember to install this thing soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment