The short of it:
- Went back home to Maui for a celebration of life for my cousin.
- Came back and immediately did a cross-training stint that starts at 5a. (The flight landed at 1030p, got our baggage about 11 or so, had to take a shuttle to the car that took about another 30 minutes, drive back to my brother's house and talked for a bit until 12ish, then my drive going home and arriving at about 1230, try to sleep and wake up at 345, then drive to work around 4ish)
- PRGE was that following weekend. Didn't have to take care of a booth or LAN area, just had fun.
Here's a few things that I picked up this time around. Not shown is Street Fighter 2010 for NES. Kinda finished up my Ridge Racer collection.
Also there is a replacement shell for a SNES. I was going back and forth about getting the replacement shell, but I figured this was a nice one to replace my old SNES.
...It really needed it. Now, this is my original SNES from 1992. I was gonna give it the Retrobrite treatment, but the shell is really brittle. Also, I tried doing an S-video mod, hence the holes in the original shell.
I did break a piece off because of how brittle the plastic became. It was for the cartridge lock that's connected to the power button. I just took it out, seeing that it's really not important for the functionality of gameplay.
Swapping out the parts was simple. I was missing several case screws, so I just used some screws from the PC Engine that I failed to repair. They were a little longer than the original SNES ones, but I made them work.
The next re-shell that I worked on was for a Gameboy.
One of the other things that I got at PRGE was a LCD replacement for my DMG Gameboy. Now, this wasn't really a re-shell per se. I thought that a DMG that I had wasn't working properly with batteries in it. It turns out that the rechargeable batteries I was using wasn't the greatest. So, I just swapped this one out, then I'll use the screen from this one and install it on a DMG that I had with a bad screen.
I still need to modify the shell for the screen. The DMG that I'm putting the old screen that was on this one will need a new screen lens, which I'll probably buy later.
I bought this grinding pen to modify the shell to have a wider viewing area for the new LCD. I just had to remove 1mm from around the inner edge of the shell...
...not my best work, but cleared just enough to have a better viewing angle for the new LCD.
...Yeah, not really the best. But with the new glass lens I'm installing...
You really can't tell how ugly the cuts are.
So much brighter. I left the plastic protector on the lens just because.
I have aspirations to reshell a Game Gear, but I think I'll just hold off on that for now.











No comments:
Post a Comment