Sunday, January 29, 2023

Bunch of fails right off the bat...

I'm also testing a new keyboard that I got. It's nice and clicky, but when in Bluetooth mode, there's a bunch of lag from typing. Might be my Bluetooth adapter, might be the keyboard, I don't know. Anyway...

Right off from the last post I did, I managed to kill the monitor of the Arcade 1up SFII. I've looked around for failed components, but I didn't see any on the mainboard. I thought it could be the monitor's mainboard.

The screws of the monitor's brackets were very tight, so I ended up stripping the screws. I tried using a screw extractor on the screws, but it ended up making it worse. I ended up using my Dremel to grind down the screws so I could just pop off the bracket from the monitor's frame. I couldn't see anything wrong with the board behind the monitor, so I just gave up on it. I ended up finding a perfect monitor that would fit in the Arcade 1up cab with a little bit of work. 

Prior to stripping the screws, I did order an LCD driver board that was compatible with the Arcade 1up's monitor, but that didn't work at all. I returned it and pretty much called the monitor dead.

The plan now is to first retrofit the "new" monitor into the cab, then order USB encoders for the joystick for my Raspberry Pi. I really didn't want to do it this way, but it is what it is. 

...I'm not sure about this keyboard. It's giving me phantom key combinations...or my ham hands are just way too massive for this thing. I'll have to play with it a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment