Yeah, not much really.
Well, here we are with another year gone by, and me not keeping record on what I've been doing repair or mod wise...There's a lot going on.
I've just become...lazy...there's no other way to say it. There's a lot going on and I'm not mentally ready to take on those tasks.
After PRGE (this past October), I had one major job going: repair 2 Sega Saturns for someone. So far, I fixed one of them, the other is still needing to be looked at. I've already recapped the power supply since it was giving the same low power issue similar to the one I worked on before. But after the power supply recap, it still didn't show anything. I'm gonna try and recap just the video section of the mainboard, but the task is just, I don't know, daunting (?) for me. I just have to muster the energy to do it. Work has been zapping all my mental energy that I'm on zero when I get home.
The whole FZ-1 3DO repair thing is a major plus from last year. Getting something working I've been meaning to fix for 5 years is something, albeit it was just an ODE going in. But nothing like having 2 working 3DO's ready to do work. I have been playing Guardian War a bunch. Maybe I should finish that game first thing for 2023...
My friend also got me an Arcade 1up Street Fighter II for Christmas. The only issue with it is that LK on the second player side isn't registering. Everything else works just fine. I've already checked continuity from the button to the connector to the mainboard already. There weren't any issues there, so I'm gonna check the cable itself to the mainboard next. When that will be...?
There's another Saturn that I'm working on personally that I'm installing another Fenrir ODE in it, along with an FRAM mod. That'll happen as soon as I can finish the other Saturn.
My wife got me a Wowstick for Christmas. It's a nice, rechargeable, mini electric screwdriver. That will help a lot with some of the work I'm doing. It's really slick, but the torque on it is a bit lacking.
I also treated myself to a few new flashcards: the Mega Everdrive Pro and a Neo Pocket GameDrive. Krikkz has been teasing a new Turbo Everdrive Pro as well, but Ced (of Fenrir fame) teased a similar project as well. I'll just have to watch both of them on Twitter (if it doesn't implode).
I didn't think I mentioned it, but I also got a PC Engine IFU case. it's complete (minus the adapter and system cards for the CD). The only thing that doesn't work is the CD-ROM², which I'm thinking the culprit is the infamous cracked gear (similar to the 3DO). I haven't cracked it open just yet, but I'm betting that even if that's not the main issue, it is damaged anyway and needs to be replaced...which brings me to the next thing...
I bought another 3D Printer. It's a resin one. I bought it back in October, but I haven't had time to try it out just yet. I have it set up in the garage and it's ready to go, but since it's winter time, it's not a good time to test it out just yet. I'm hoping to print the gear that I need to get the CD-ROM² fixed. I also have a washing station (a ultrasonic cleaner) and a curing station (my UV box for Retrobrighting) set up so it'll be all in one shot to get a print processed.
I also swapped out the joysticks in the Atomiswave cab. The sticks that I had in there kept double inputting directions, making it annoying to select games in a menu. These sticks were chosen by my son, and I think they're a good fit. I may look at getting longer joystick shafts, but for now, this works great.
I also swapped out the joystick gates as the "8 way" wasn't working as well as I wanted it to. I printed out a proper 8 way gate that fits and works perfectly.
I'm not sure what I'll be working on in 2023, but just like any other year, I'm gonna make the most out of it. Maybe I'll start by trying more 3D modeling and part creating. I guess that could be one goal.
Well, Let's get stuff done in 2023!





No comments:
Post a Comment