It's been a minute...anyway.
Figure I needed to finalize the console collections by obtaining this:
Yeah, I know I didn't need it, but I got it anyway. It's already set up underneath the PS5 where my XBox One formerly sat. I'm using the One to get my son to get better grades and clean his room.
I've also been working on some Sega Saturn stuff. My friend had some consoles, all taken apart. Optical pick ups on the disc drives are questionable. I figured I should test all the disc drives first, then figure out the mainboards after.
Not gonna lie: it's pretty daunting.
I've made some nice discovery while testing the drives. Here are some of them:
- Without a disc drive connected or properly connected (properly seated FFC), the sound from the Saturn is slowed down to almost <50%. Video is fine, just the sound is eerie sounding.
- Certain drives will work with certain board revisions. From what I thought wasn't working with one mainboard, it'll work perfectly on another.
- You can bypass the trap board with mainboards using Sanyo disc drives.
Of the 17 disc drives I've tested, 8 of them work fine. All that's missing is the FFCs for said disc drives to finish up all the consoles up.
It'll be a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment