I finally received it today. I was really thinking of doing the mod tomorrow, but I decided to get to it tonight. I dug out my SGB, turned on my soldering iron, and got all my tools out to start the mod.
It was really a straight forward mod; removed 2 resistors and a capacitor off the SGB (per these instructions) then soldered the little board in. I doubled checked my solder points, closed it up, and got my SNES out for testing.
I had an SNES mini that I needed to test and clean, so I set that one up with my RetroTINK 2x and S-Video. Turning it on and I got...nothing.
...
I forgot that the mini doesn't output S-video, so I changed the cable to Composite and got it working properly. Good thing is that it turned on and read my Everdrive perfectly. I'm sure the speed difference is there, I just couldn't tell with some of the games I was playing.
I tried playing the SGB with my old SNES. It took some tries, but it eventually worked. I'm thinking that it's time to give it a refresh (recap, new case). That's for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment