Monday, February 15, 2021

Original Xbox modding...

 Whelp, I got stuck in the slush trying to get to work. Didn't make it out 10 feet before the tires just spun. I couldn't even get back into the driveway. I do have chains, but I couldn't get them on properly before an hour before my shift. I called in about 5 minutes before I hit that mark.

It's been a while since I last put tire chains on my car. Last time I did was maybe 15+ years ago. I'm way out of practice. But after I called, we managed to get the chains put in decently, just enough to back my car up into the driveway. We (wife and I) tightened the chains after I got back into the driveway. We left them on, just in case conditions don't improve tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I really didn't want to sit in the office defeated, so I took an hour nap first, then looked for a project to do. I've had an original Xbox that I've been meaning to soft mod, so I went with that.

I didn't get far in the mod, though. I did follow some tutorials to a certain point. I basically got to a point where the softmod is on the original Xbox hard drive and the app that is needed to clone the original hard drive to a new, larger hard drive. I just ordered the SATA to IDE board for the new hard drive. I'm going back and forth thinking if I should order a 1 TB hard drive for it. I do have a 3 TB hard drive that I could replace in my computer, migrate the current 2 TB hard drive to my backup drive, then use the 1 TB drive that I have in there for the Xbox, but that requires me to clone the 2TB to the 3 TB....choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment