I did the same battery mod to my original Dreamcast done tonight. I also managed to swap out the LED to a yellow one, but it's really dim. I may swap that out later for a brighter one, but that's later. Plugged it all back up and did a quick check. Looks like everything worked fine.
I was also planning on stripping down my really old and yellowed Super Nintendo, but as I got down to getting the reset and power sliders off, the tabs started to crack. I though long and hard about if I want to continue or just leave it alone and enjoy the aged look of it. It was the original one that I bought weeks after I came back from a Japan trip in 1992 (bought Street Fighter II there). I'm gonna enjoy the aged look on it. As I put it all back together again, I realized that the case had a hole in it where I first put in an S-Video mod so I could use a standard S-Video cable, but I since removed it...not sure why.
Pretty simple stuff tonight. I also ordered some caps to do a future PC Engine project as well as a model 1 Sega Genesis adapter repair. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment