Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Up late. Thinking Vs. Ninentdo Cab...

It's been a rough time. This COVID-19 nonsense is getting to me.

Anyway...

For some reason,when I power nap for 10-20 minutes, I'm good for 5 more hours...that sucks when you take one at 8p and you gotta work in the morning.

I've been keeping my mind occupied with fixing that darn Vs. Nintendo Cab. The biggest thing is that the control harness is broken, and it's either buy a new one (which is harder to get nowadays) or convert it to JAMMA (pricey, but easier solution).

If I go the JAMMA route, there's a chance that I have to get a new power supply, since that JAMMA adapter needs -5V to work. I'm not sure if the current power supply has -5V, so I'll probably invest in a more stable one.

Before I even go that far, I need to make sure that the actual guts of the Vs. cab works. And since the cabinet is hella worked, I'm gonna have to take all the internals out and test them out of the cabinet, sans control panel. IF at that point I'm able to get things working, and the cab repaired to a point, I'll then start getting parts to fix it electronically.

...can't believe that I'm losing sleep over this...

No comments:

Post a Comment