I skipped work today. Not because I was thinking about this thing, I was still feeling blah.
I got much needed rest (well, as much as I could with a bored 8 year old and a dog that commands attention) and was gonna work on getting my 3D Printer tuned, just to keep my mind occupied. But, I couldn't help but be lazy.
I did manage to fix my son's bike. Just a tube swap, pretty easy. I've been doing that since I was in the 5th grade. But since I was in the garage anyway, I went and took a peek a the Vs. cab.
...honestly, it's a hot mess back there. I tried to make heads or tails of everything in there, since it's not the standard JAMMA pinout. I know there's a 36 pin connector in there that's broken. I figured out that's the control panel (probably iterated that in the last post). The other connector (40 or 44 pin...I have my notes somewhere) has all the other connections for the board (RGBS, Coin, etc.).
I ended up searching online for all the pinouts, especially for the power supply. I managed to get several manuals and pinout cards. I'll have to peel the harness out of the cab itself in order to figure out what the pins are going to the power supply.
I think I know the direction I'm gonna go. I'll mainly need a new JAMMA harness, a Vs. to JAMMA adapter that I can get from a maker in Canada, and a new power supply. The stock supply doesn't supply -5V, and I may need -5V for the Vs. to JAMMA adapter for it to function. There's gonna be a lot of modifications needed to be done to get this thing to work.
I also took a dive into my Atomiswave cab. I'm gonna have to make that thing stereo sound. I had the intent on having it so I can use standard JAMMA games on it, so I'm gonna have to figure out a switch method I can use to make it work.
...man, I'm still feeling blah. I should've stayed busy today.
No comments:
Post a Comment