Since the move, I've been really exhausted. Long drive to and from work, sometimes deplorable people that I have to help...it's exhausting.
...and we're still not moved in...technically, we are moved in the house, but as having a comfortable work room and play room, it's s-l-o-w-l-y coming along.
That thing at the beginning of the year with my computer...I revisited the other day. Since it's been a while trying to figure out what was wrong with it, I had to play around with it. It kept giving me a thermal event warning for the shutdown, so I did the obvious and reapplied thermal grease to the CPU.
...still giving me the error.
I thought it could've been the power supply, so I bought a new one and installed that. Still getting a thermal event shutdown.
More Googling lead me to check if there were leaking capacitors...low and behold, there were some burst ones.
The computer that I merged all the old stuff in was still working great, so I was gonna swap the quad core in the now dead computer into the new one, but a friend of mine gave me a CPU that *kinda* one-ups the quad core.
It was a 3.0 GHz Core2 Extreme...seems to work perfect for what this old Dell. I'm already seeing much speed improvement from the original Dual Core that was in it. Just gotta get some RAM and a new video card to get at least a semi-decent game rig going.
That Duo-R that I've been reluctant to work on? I outsourced the repair job and got it fixed...finally. I haven't tested it just yet, but I'm confident that it works...otherwise, I should have a warranty on it.
Vacation took us to Disney World. We all had fun. The best was that I finally got to see Epcot up close! I've only seen Spaceship Earth in books and magazines. I was enamored by the architecture, so imagine my excitement to see it up close!
I did get around to finding some slim PS3's. Got a couple of them cleaned up. One I sold to a friend, one I kept and hacked. I'm also finding a bunch of Dual Shock 3's while out hunting. There were a few Dual Shock 4's that I found, that I got cleaned and repaired.
I had that 3D printer built up and made some stuff. It's a headache, but still fun.
...lazy to post pictures...I keep saying that I'm gonna post pics and keep blogging, but...well, check what I mentioned at the beginning of this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment