Tuesday, September 13, 2016

More case work...

Got around to sanding the PlasticWeld off from the case. Used a coarse 120 grit and finished with a 320 grit.

Both sides. Still couldn't get the top front part of the case right. I may have sanded too hard and put a little slope on the back. When it's snapped together, though, you can barely tell it's there. I'm sure after paint it'll be ok.

...Yup, a little more pink showing there towards the top of the case. Maybe it's worse that I can see, but again, I'll have to see after painting it. The holes for X and Y came out nice, as well as the hole where the hinge was before. I modified the LED indicator lenses so it'll look at least stock DSish. 

Stylus hole patched and sanded nicely.

DS card slot patched up. I tried to sand it just right, but it seems that there's the slightest dip around the edge. 

Using a 1/16" drill bit, I made the speaker holes. The original mod has the speaker placed roughly where the stylus hole is. I opted to have it where the DS slot was. Testing shows that it sounds a lot better there. When I improve the case work, I may also add holes at the top of the slot that I covered to force the sound out that way. 

I need to pick up a 2 in 1 primer and some 1000 grit sandpaper. As for the color...still don't know what to go with. It may just end up being white...boring, boring white... 

No comments:

Post a Comment