Thursday, July 21, 2016

After 18 years....

Too lazy to blog nowadays. Anyway...

Latest thing? Pokemon GO! Yes, gave me reason to like Pokemon again...Speaking of which...

After 18 years, I finally finished my Pokemon Red version...the original Gameboy game.

I first got it when I was 22. Played the hell out of it. Grinded the hell out of it. Made a huge effort to get all the Pokemon in the game. Before I stopped playing, I was in the process of getting the last legendary Pokemon, Moltres.

I remember saving right before the battle with it. The first time I encountered Moltres, I accidentally killed it. From there, it was a combination of either killing it (fainting, whatever) or running out of Ultra Balls (wasted my Master Ball on Zapdos). This went on at least 18 times or so a day. I got fed up, I just stopped playing it.

Fast forward 10 or so years later. I picked up a Super Gameboy from a Goodwill and wanted to test it. I found my Pokemon Red and popped that in. Remembered about that bastard Moltres and how frustrating it was trying to catch it. Just for giggles, I took some time trying to catch it again. It took me no more than 5 retries or so to finally catch it!

...but then I didn't remember where I was or what do to...back to the bin it goes.

Fast forward to the release of Pokemon GO! After catching some Pokemon and taking pics with them with my kids, I felt the need to finally finish Red. I figured I'd just get into random battles and let all my Pokemon faint. Doing that took longer than I expected since I had some high level Pokemon in my team.

...since it's been 18 years since I've seriously played Pokemon, I had to use an online guide...that helped a lot. Needless to say, the guide helped me get my team going for the final boss(es) battle(s), and those battles were pretty one-sided at times.

Anyway, happy that I was able to finally finish it after all this time.

My team consisted of: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Venusaur (my evolved starter), Slowbro, and Pikachu.

Oh, and mods...Tendinitis still there, so nothing currently...soon, though...


No comments:

Post a Comment