Saturday, December 5, 2015

Qoob Pro installed, Panasonic Q 99% done...

I have an old notebook computer that I use mainly for my Gameboy flashcard that required a parallel port to program the card with. Now, I can use it to flash a Qoob Pro with!

I started off with flashing my own Gamecube with the computer, updating, at least, the secondary launcher (Swiss for Gamecube). Other than the fact that the case I got it sucks, everything worked as it was back in the day.

I disassembled my Gamecube to use the USB connector to program the other Qoob Pro that I was installing. Flashed it, no problem. Now the real test: to see if my connections were good enough.

I opened up the Q just on one side so I could access the harness for the Qoob. Hooked up the harness to the Qoob, and tested it out.

...it booted the Qoob BIOS!

I did some testing with backups and US retail discs, and all booted up nicely. No glitching, no read errors, nothing!

I had to open up the Q one more time to get the Qoob secured inside the case. Pretty much an expert at opening this beast now.

The only reason I call this 99% complete is because of the disc drive belt. As soon as that can be replaced, this thing can be considered 100%. For the time being, though, all I'm using is an old gift card to slide in and pull the tray out a bit.

No pics because of what a behemoth this thing was. But it really does look better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment