Saturday, December 5, 2015

Panasonic Q: DONE! sort of...

Yeah, I haven't slept yet since the last blog post...albeit it was just about 4 or so hours since that.

I took another look at the Panasonic Q, just wondering what the heck was going on with it. I swapped the LCD board on the top (functions the DVD portion of the console) from the nice looking one to the hashed one. That seemed to work.

Swapped just the main boards from the cases. Tried again, now it didn't work again (the front function buttons was the problem before, but after the swap, both the top and front buttons weren't working).

...

So I left the top as is and tried the front case from the hashed one.

Boom! That worked! All the functions worked in that combination.

So I swapped the boards on the front panel as well. Got it all to a point where I could test it.

BOOM! Worked again...except for the drive. It wouldn't open up even if the LCD shows it now.

...

A bit of searching lead to a solution that the little drive belt is bad. Opening it back up again, I could tell that the belt was really old. I tried swapping it with the other belt. Still got the same results, but not as bad as the older belt was. I'm gonna leave it like that for the time being.

Since I had the case opened up again, I decided to swap out the fans as well. Something I learned about the Q; Press the DVD/CD button on the top to start the Q in DVD mode, press the Game button to start it in Gamecube mode. The fan doesn't start in DVD mode, but does in Gamecube mode. Anyway, the fan was really loud, so I swapped it out with the other one. That one worked much quieter.

There was also talk about having a Qoob Pro installed in it. I already had the wires installed where they're supposed to go, but I haven't tested the Qoob just yet. I'm gonna have to play around with my Cube to check a different OS for it, then possibly flash it to the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment