I had a moment the other day to start on that Famicom project, removing the PPU and putting a DIP socket in it's place.
Now, I knew that there was limited room up there, but DAMN, it's a tight fit. So tight that I can't use the eject mechanism anymore.
sigh...
I have to get different caps to replace the hodgepodge of caps I was using for it prior. Now, I know that the socket might have to come out, or I have to modify that eject mech somehow, but I think I may have to get possibly even lower profile socket pins...eBay it is for both then.
Anyway, the jailbars didn't disappear, so more work to be done there...although, I may just keep it as is since I have my Twin Fami...Eh, we'll see.
I also managed to mod the RGB to VGA adapter I've been meaning to do for a long time.
*pic placeholder*
Took some trial and error and, at the end of the night, I still didn't get it right. After going to bed, I figured out that I got the Green and Blue lines switched around. Easy fix, but gonna do that later.
I had an unstable image, though. The image would shift once in a while. It might have to do with the sync signal, so I may have to relook that as well. There is a sync stripper there, and I did manage to follow the Mmmonkey tutorial well to fitting that inside the adapter. It may also be the monitor I was using since it was the one that rotates from landscape to portrait, a little off kilter and maybe that was setting it off? I dunno...
I managed to find a Model 2 Genesis V3 out digging today, one of the better versions of the model 2.
*pic placeholder*
I just got it cleaned up and tested, works fine. Swapped out the LED for a yellow one (changing all my Sega LEDs to yellow), and it looks great.
No comments:
Post a Comment