Well, I opted not to use the DB-9 and went with a 8 pin mini-DIN instead. That has been ordered and already waiting installation.
I also got sync stripping supplies. I actually was able to get some samples (freebies!) of the main component, the LM1881N, direct from Texas Instruments. I got 3 of them, even though I may just be using 2 of them.
I just have to get the other components for it (some capacitors and resistors), but while I was at it, I also got some ICs to make a scanline generator, as well as miscellaneous parts I needed for general things. Those are all in my cart waiting to be ordered.
While waiting to order the parts, I asked about the sync stripper and if it's bad to send a pure sync signal to the LM1881N. I got that it isn't bad, and may actually help clean up the signal even better. I also learned that I should be able to use a composite video signal in the PCE to send through the LM1881N to get a clean sync that way...good, so I don't have to build another amp for the composite sync then.
So, yeah. Here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment