Thursday, December 6, 2012

VGA Dreamcast...DONE...

...Albeit a while ago, but I managed to get it finished. It took me couple of days to get it finished, but, well, it was well worth it.

This is my DC, splayed out in all it's glory. I effed up on the hole for the VGA connector, hence why it looks so ghetto in the back.
A little better shot of the mod itself. That PCB was created by shadows from the Neo-Geo.com forums. Really nice board. Made all the connections easier. 

I have to say that when I first finished this mod up, the DC would work...for a few minutes. Then it'll just shut off. I had NO idea why it was doing that, so I gave up for the time being (I've already worked on the mod itself for 8 hrs straight). I first thought that it was because I accidentally lifted up a trace from one of the points I needed to soldered to. It turns out that I didn't have a ribbon cable inserted all the way, not engaging the DC's fan, therefore causing what the machine thought was an overheat, making the system shut down....F**king electronics!

Anyway, here's the result on my LCD HDTV:
It's a thing of beauty....

No comments:

Post a Comment