Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going back in time...

I decided, since I have all the parts laying around for a while, that I was gonna tackle some mods on other consoles.

First off, I did a first gen Sega Genesis S-Video mod. I took the plans from this blog:

http://freezerdev.blogspot.com/2012/02/project-genesis-modding.html

Except I used a 220 ohm resistor on the Chroma and Composite line instead of the 75 ohm. The problem I had was vertical bars that were visible with a black background. I've been told that I may also try using a 100uF capacitor instead of the 220uF capacitor as the blog suggests.

I got it to work decently, but on some games, I get some color mixing that lasts for several minutes. I'm still trying to get a straight answer on a fix for it, but no one has stepped to the plate.

I applied the same schematic to my Sega Master System, with awesome results....I can't believe that we played all those 8-bit and 16-bit games through RF. I was happy when I could use Composite, but by comparison, S-Video is way awesome.

I'm gonna tackle my TG-16 and PC-Engine S-Video mod next. I did promise my wife that I'd work on her hacking project before I did any more of my projects, but since I have my "little" tendonitis flare-up...meh, she understands, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment