I finished the MV2 CMVS project. It took a while, but I got it to work.
Why did it take so long?
1. Parts. I gave up buying things that were frivolous for Lent. Work out pretty well. So without that, I was stuck using what I had, which meant recycling from my first project.
2. Painting. I decided to paint up the case to make it look nice. Even after drilling, grinding, sanding, priming, and painting with a hammered finish paint, I still managed to eff it up. There's a tape line edge on the case. It's not bugging the heck out of me, but I know it will eventually. I had a friend back on Maui cut me some vinyl stickers with his plotter to, at least, take some of the focus away from that nasty line.
3. Acrylic Base. Even after checking my measurements 3 times, I managed to get every spot drilled incorrectly. No only that, though. I had bought some low profile standoffs to prop the board up no more than 1/4" high. I thought they'd be ok just using standard PC screws...nope. Ugh.
4. Wiring. To make it easy for me to open the top case to change the battery or whatnot, I used some disconnects within the wiring. It was just cumbersome getting everything prepped, but it was well worth it in the end.
5. Testing. I actually finished the project on April 15th..really early in the morning. Now, when I tested the board when I first got it, it worked fine. I took the connectors from the MV-1F CMVS and used them temporarily on the MV2. Worked then. After getting #4 done, I got a rolling image (like the vertical hold wasn't working). After some brain rest and posting to Neo-Geo.com, I took out a component and soldered the Sync wire from one point to another and like magic, the scrolling is gone.
Anywho, I'm pretty much 99% done. It's just the base that needs to be done. But yeah, when that's done in this coming week, pics are going up.
I have to say that it was hard for me to type all that stuff in since I'm a bit drunk and fatigued from work.
ReplyDelete