Monday, April 30, 2012

MV2 CMVS pics.

I guess I haven't showed any pics of the MV2 that I consolized, so here's some shots.

  The MV2 consolized in all it's semi glory. I still haven't finished the base, but it's an easy make. Since I've taken this pic, I've since added a protector to the JAMMA edge. I have 2 coats of primer and finished the paint job using a hammered look finish spray paint to it.

This is the original shielding. Just sprayed with primer to prevent future rusting. Here, I have all the wiring for connectors done. All connectors are on quick disconnects. So if I needed to get under the hood for some reason, it'll be easier without having the wires all willy-nilly. The left of the pics show the Audio and Video wires, the right of the pic has the power.

Close up of the power section. 2.5mm power jack, power switch, and an inline fuse holder. Not necessarily needed, but installed it for added protection.

 Audio and Video connectors. Component video does not work with my Vizio HDTV, but the composite and S-video work just fine.

Close up of the wiring. Yeah, A/V area is a mess, but it works.

RGB connections to the encoder, sync point, and +5V. That large capacitor is long since gone from this project since it was causing a rolling image. Per sage advice on the Neo-Geo.com forums, I moved the sync point from the 470Ω resistor as shown here to the 100Ω resistor above it without the capacitor (that orange thing). Works perfectly.

Closer look at sync and +5V connections. There an area slightly above the +5v connection that used to house a voltage regulator of some sort. Per the JNX tutorial, that was removed, modded under the board for +5V only, and now used as a grounding pin.

I forgot to take a pic of it, but I've also gone and replaced the stock lithium battery used to hold high scores, calendar info, etc. with a CR2032 battery and a battery holder I pilfered off an old computer system board.

That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment