So, I got word from eBay that I've been issued a refund and it's sitting in my PayPal account.
Here's how it went down.
I went and placed a bid on a Neo Geo MVS auction for a guy (eBay username is njkidcash) and was quickly outbid by someone. I figured "fine" and just let it be.
Later that evening, I get an email stating that I have a second chance to buy the same item I was outbid on. He even threw in a game with it. I took the "bait", as it were, and bought it. Went through the whole payment process through PayPal, and it was done.
Next day, I get an email (well, message through eBay messaging center) from the seller that said that the wrong PayPal account was linked to the auction and that I needed to get the payment refunded and send it to the correct account, blah, blah, blah. He told me that he emailed PayPal (which, if you read on, I called BS on it), that I had to do a chargeback, blah, blah, blah.
I called (not emailed, called) PayPal (because they NEVER respond fast enough by email), and the PayPal rep told me that since the seller , who OBVIOUSLY has 2 PayPal accounts, linked the wrong account information that he had to get that money transferred from one account to the other.
I emailed the seller about this, on couple occasions, got zero response...ZERO!
I opened the case up in eBay (thank you, eBay buyer protection!) the exact day I could open it. Waited for a response. Nothing. Emailed the seller again through the two emails that he gave me and through eBay message center. Nothing. Ended up escalating it, and got my money back.
Here's the thing, and I did not mention this to eBay. That seller has two accounts. I'm sure there are A LOT of people that do this. He has one under njkidcash, and another one under warriorgodariesgeorge (his name is Jorge). Here's image proof:
This picture showing his email that was linked to the eBay auction. (phat red arrow)
This picture shows eBay feedback...look at the two arrows...hmmmm..
Mind you, I didn't check that information out before I went ahead and bought the item. I researched it after the email about the wrong account thing.
I don't care what feedback anyone gives. If you see an auction from either njkidcash or warriorgodariesgeorge on eBay or even a sale anywhere else, DO NOT bid on it. He'll use the other username to outbid you, jack up the price, and when the auction is over, you end up with this kind of debacle.
Save yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment