Monday, October 17, 2011

Better way to get your nostal-gaming on...

As a collector, I carouse different forums online to see what's up. You know, get tips on mods, hacking, etc. One thing I see in common is a thread that focuses on ridiculous sales on eBay by some sellers.

Some will sell "Rare" and "Complete and Sealed" stuff for way more than what the game or console is worth. Some of the links to the auctions that are in those forums reveal these auctions and their ridonkulous pricing ($300 for a Bonk 3 manual? pshh)

I'm feeling under the weather at this time, so let me be brief. If you're in the market for a game or a console, generally anything, join online forums. They usually have a buy and sell thread going where people will often sell things that you're looking for, even cheaper than eBay. But just like any purchase done online, Cavaet Emptor. Most forums will have "rep" ratings on members, or even reseller ratings within their forums. Take the time to carouse those threads, so you know who you might be dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment