Saturday, June 18, 2011

I died a little on the inside...

Let's break it down like this: My original SNES's Multi-out port didn't want to display proper video through composite. Even by resoldering the connector, trying to bypass the connector, or trying to get video from RF didn't work. (Getting straight composite video from RF WITHOUT some sort of filter is NEVER recommended...EVAR!)

So, wat do?

I went "digging" at the Goodwill's around the area. After months of searching, I found one for $10.

Now, me being nostalgic and cheap, I did something that I really didn't want to do, but who cares. I swapped the boards from my old SNES to the new one.

I didn't know that there were different revisions on the older style SNES's. I had to modify my old case and the new (old) one so I could swap boards. (FYI, the original board in my SNES had a removable (read: plug-and-play) sound module where the donor didn't)

...me, waxing nostalgic like, feel kinda sad that my original SNES is now gone...but at least now I can use the Multi-out with no problems. Gotta like that.

I'm still digging since I want to add the SNES 2 (SNES jr, the smaller revision) to my collection....maybe. I have both NES revisions, why not the same for the SNES? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment