Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to speak FPS AI...

Could new FPS games get any MORE frustrating? Even when it's on the easiest, "OMG, My cat could finish this game like this" level. No, not the online multiplayer, the f**king campaign! So I comprised a list of how to translate what the AI tells you opposed to what it actually does. Take in to account that in most campaign modes on any FPS game usually has you with a team.

AI: Take out those RPGs on the rooftops! We can't afford to lose our High-end war machine!
Translation: We'll leave it to you to take out 10+ guys with RPGs that's aiming and both you and the scavenged tank-like vehicle while we shoot at the same dead body another teammate took out a while ago that took him 4 clips to finally fall.

AI: Run and get that beacon on the truck! We'll cover you from up here!
Translation: We'll shoot randomly in the air while you run a fire-laden gauntlet full of enemies. Then proceed to sprint at unlikely odds to place one beacon on a fast moving truck.

AI: I need more ammo here! Cover while I reload!
Translation: Although I have not picked up one single clip from a falled enemy, I seemingly need more ammunition for my weapon, even though I have already spent 5 clips to kill an enemy that took you only 5 bullets to take out. Watch my back while I take even more of a ridiculous time reloading than you usually do.

AI: EVERYONE! Concentrate your fire at that autonomous sentry!
Translation: HEY YOU! Fire off every round you got at the sentry that seeming only locks on to you! We'll pop 5 shots every 3 minutes and stay in cover.

AI: HELP! I'm taking hits here!
Translation: HELP! Kill this guy that has already emptied 5 clips from his sub machine gun into me that's standing within knife/melee point from me!

I'll get more when I progress through some of the FPSs that I have already.

No comments:

Post a Comment