First off, I worked on getting my Gameboy Pocket modified with a back light and also a bi-vert mod.
Let's get to the fails (sorry, no pics)
- Broke the ribbon cable on the LCD which later I was able to repair
- Broke a capacitor that the bi-vert mod board needed to connect to because...
- I kept bridging the connections trying to get the solder to flow through the points.
- I had a hard time getting the polarized filter off of the LCD, which made it worse for tearing in the ribbon cable.
- Got super frustrated and broke the main board in half.
...See, I didn't want to mess with getting bridging solder points again, so I ended up just lifting the pins that I needed to connector to the bi-vert mod board to the Gameboy. Doing so somehow messed the LCD ribbon connector on the main board, so the ribbon cable will seat in there, but the clip for the connector won't fully lock the ribbon in place. I got it so it locks just right, but now that I think about it, it might be causing a slight screen issue, but I still need to test my theory.
Next fail, an Atari 2600 A/V mod.
Not really a super fail, but I decided that I was gonna make a simple A/V board with parts that I already had. I'm not sure if I built it wrong, but 2 of my test monitors were really static-y. One of the monitors gave a decent overall image, but when when there was sound involved, there was static on the screen. The other monitor would show an image for a brief moment, then blank out.
At this point, I'm gonna just get an A/V/S-Video mod board and go that route...because I'm out of parts and I'm now lazy to build one up.
Yeah, Just a few fails, but I won't get any better without failing a few.
No comments:
Post a Comment