Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Future beauty to add to my collection....

Whilst waiting for my family vacation to Disneyland in a week, I've been in talks to someone in the NG.com forum regarding a trade. Similar to what I did trading a region modded Sega Saturn for a Famicom, I'm trading an old Japanese Playstation for a Vectrex...that's right, a freaking Vectrex!

It's an old console, vector graphics, cool for it's time. Just another thing to add to my growing console collection. We're finalizing all the shipping and whatnot...I'm just pumped to add this to my collection.

Initial pics of the unit seem worn. There's chipped plastic, no overlays, some line streaking in the vectors on the screen. I don't care about the cracks and whatnot; it gives the console character. I'm gonna read more about repairing these things to see if I can get it cleaned up.

The biggest thing I'm worried about is discharging the CRT on it. I'm good at all my electronics stuff, so I'm confident on repairs...just the thought of getting jolted by the CRT discharge scares me...but I made a promise to myself to learn to repair these things so...well, I just look and feel better with my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment