Monday, March 26, 2012

Le project part deux...

So, I was just planning to clean up the install on the MV-1F CMVS I made. But I saw a MV2 come up for sale in the forums I kinda lurk through. So, I scooped it up.

Why do another CMVS? I've been planning to do a MV2 just because of the vertical cart slots and memory card slot. So, I raided parts from my 1F CMVS and recycled them for testing purposes, using the Neobitz and the UniBIOS (Which, I'm NEVER taking out again!). Fired it up, works.

Whew.

The guy who sold me the board hadn't used it for several months. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about it not working. So far, per JNX's tutorials, I've done the 5V only mod and battery mod. The setup I have going on with it now it PURELY for testing. Cleanup begins as soon as I can get the top shield of the MV2 cleaned and painted.

What becomes of the 1F? I may still consolize it and sell it off. Time will tell. For now, the MV2 is the focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment