Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Brief Statement...

Before I go on about nostalgia in gaming, I'd like to point one thing out. I'm looking at all the current generation of consoles and their hacking.

First things first. If you want me to believe that I'm gonna risk bricking my $200+ consoles just to play some emulators for older consoles or some generic iteration of Pong, I'd like to point out that you're wrong.

Everyone WILL hack their consoles just to do what 95% of the hackers will do; PLAY BACKUPS! Call them dirty pirates, but you're disillusion to the truth perplexes me.

And really, it's cheaper to just emulate retro consoles on your PC. If you want to, it's even EASIER to find them at local game shops or your local thrift stores if you want the "authentic" feel of it.

Spare me your banter about piracy. You put the hack out, it's just a matter of time before it gets hacked again for pirates to get their way. Backups, downloads, I don't care. Just spare me the banter.

And yes, PS3 and Wii scene. I'm looking straight at you. The 360 hackers could care less.

Putzes.

1 comment:

  1. I also find it funny that PS3 fanboys hack their consoles, risking bricking, just to play an NES emulator.

    ReplyDelete